The contract to build Kentucky was awarded to the Electric Boat Division of General Dynamics Corporation in Groton, Connecticut, on 13 August 1985 and her keel was laid down there on 18 December 1987. She was launched on 11 August 1990, sponsored by Carolyn Pennebaker Hopkins, who used a custom blend of Kentucky bourbon whiskey, mixed for the occasion, rather than the traditional bottle of champagne to christen Kentucky. She was commissioned on 13 July 1991, with Captain Michael G. Riegel commanding the Blue Crew and Captain Joseph Henry commanding the Gold Crew.
All patent artwork and illustrative drawings have been specially designed to create a one-of-a-kind piece of art that can be nicely displayed as a unique addition to your décor.
** Watermarks will NOT appear on your print. **
1. All images shown are purposefully lower resolution for faster upload speed and to prevent others from duplicating my work. The print you receive will be printed in high resolution on archival, non-glare, matte paper.
2. Frame is not included.
3. Other COLORS and SIZES are available. Just send me a message thru Etsy.
4. Colors on your monitor may vary slightly from actual product
5. Giclée print process utilizing 10 color pigment ink that creates a museum quality print guaranteed to last 200 years.
6. All orders ship in a clear, acid free protective sleeve and a rigid envelope or tube to ensure safe delivery to your home or office.
©Blue Moon Patent Prints, all rights reserved. By purchasing this artwork, you do not acquire its copyrights and any form of duplication or distribution for resale purposes is strictly prohibited.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Aug 14, 2022